"Home of the $20 hole."
|Slinging Ink Tattoos
||Tattoos and Piercing
||March 17th, 1979
||667 N. Lake Shore Drive
||Known for great work and reasonable prices.
||Clean and Sterile
|Hours of Operation
||Mon - Fri: 10am - 10pm Saturday: 12pm - 2am Sun: Closed
Slinging Ink Tattoos is a small tattoo shop that is managed by Nicolas Stone, who also works as an artist. The shop was founded on March 17th, 1979 by Mark Goldfield and is located in Greenwich Village. The shop and the artists have been featured in various tattoo magazines and news articles. The shop is very clean and sterile and upholds the highest regards for customer satisfaction and all artists are friendly and professional. Call for an appointment. Walk-ins are always welcome.
The two-story brick building has seen better days, but a steam-cleaning and some fresh paint have given it a face-lift. The windows are small, and protected by iron bars, a left-over from the days when this street was less than safe for pedestrians and shop-owners alike. The paint on the outside houses a few burn marks left from the fire. The front door is dark, smoked glass, as are the windows. Hanging above the entrance is a large neon sign that reads, "Slinging Ink Tattoo Parlor" in bright red letters.
About The Artists
||Founder & Artist
||Mark is the owner of Slinging Ink Tattoos and also a talented artist. He opened the shop in March of 2009 and has quickly drawn many clientele. Mark started drawing at the age of thirteen and has been doing it ever since. He started his tattoo career at the Electric Needle Tattoo in Arizona and have since worked at many other shops before establishing his own. He has appeared in several magazines and as well as on a few tattoo based shows in the early twenty-first century. While he tattoos in color, his specialty is black and grey. He opened a Slinging Ink in Seattle and gave the manager position to Nicolas.
||Manager, Artist & Piercer
||Nicolas has been into art since childhood. Art is in his blood, his mother was an art teacher and his father a comic book artist. As a child, his parents would entertain him with coloring books and crayons and his best subject was, no surprise, art. He and his siblings got a long for the most part. Throughout his entire childhood, his artistic talent started to grow and become defined. He started his tattooing career in 1999 with an apprenticeship at the age of 17 in New York City. A year later, he became a professional tattoo artist. He has been working at Slinging Ink for the past three years. On December 22, 2007, Nicolas took the position of manager of Slinging Ink in Seattle.
||$20 - $50
||$50 - $150
||$150 & Up
- March 17, 1979 - Slinging Ink is established.
- May 14, 1979 - Trixie L'Anse is hired on as an artist.
- June 15, 1980 - Mark is featured in an underground tattoo magazine.
- December 31, 1980 - Slinging Ink hosts New Years block party.
- June 7, 1984 - Trixie leaves the shop.
- March 3, 1986 - Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails comes in for a tattoo.
- March 23, 1986 - Slinging Ink is featured in Tattoo magazine.
- July 9, 1988 - Slinging Ink holds a tattoo event for charity.
- April 8, 1999 - Nicolas Stone is taken in as an apprentice.
- May 17, 1999 - Mary James is hired as an artist and piercer.
- March 20, 2000 - Nicolas’ artwork is featured in Tattoo Magazine and Inked Nation Magazine.
- April 17, 2000 - Nicolas becomes a fully fledged tattoo artist.
- August 3, 2001 - Mary gets married and takes a break from the shop.
- October 31, 2001 - Mary returns to the shop.
- July 4, 2002 - Slinging Ink holds an Independence Day event.
- June 8, 2003 - Nicolas leaves the shop.
- March 14, 2004 - Nikki Thomas is hired as an artist.
- October 27, 2004 - Nicolas returns to the shop as an artist.
- December 14, 2004 - Nikki and Mary's art is featured in Savage magazine.
- January 17, 2005 - Nicolas is featured in an article in the New York Times.
- May 3, 2005 - Nikki leaves the shop.
- September 17, 2006 - Nicolas is interviewed in Tattoo Magazine.
- June 7, 2007 - Mary leaves the shop.
- December 22, 2007 - Slinging Ink in Seattle opens with Nicolas as the manager.
Scened Customer History
|None at the moment
page revision: 19, last edited: 14 Feb 2009 18:36